Sunday, August 2, 2009

Youth Conference 2009

"Anchored in Christ" was the theme of this years youth conference.
Luckily the only thing Todd and I were in charge of was getting our boat up to Rockport Reservoir. I haven't ever boated on Rockport and I was pleasantly surprised at how nice it was. It is a small reservoir, but we where there Thursday and Friday and had no problem with too many boats. Thursday the water was almost glass which was perfect for skiing, wake boarding and knee boarding. The temperature was about 80 degrees and to be honest could have been a little warmer for me. But conditions were almost perfect!!! They divided the 20+kids into groups and sent them out on 5 different boats. Devin wasn't shy about getting in first to show the others what to do.

Look at that water!!!! Just the perfect amount of ripple!!!



Justin isn't old enough to officially be at youth conference, but he was part of the Froerer boat package. He had a good time watching and showing the girls how to knee board!!
Mostly he spent time as the flag boy!!!

The second day, the water was rougher, but that didn't matter......
it's water weenie time!!!


As you can see, the girls let Justin join them in the adventure!


He showed them how to pose for the camera
and do a Chinese Fire Drill while going!!

Devin's group was all older boys and these young men played hard!!!


Nice pose guys!




Leave it to Justin to find the perfect camera moment!!!


The girls had no idea he was stealing the limelight!

These next pictures explain themselves.
Thanks to my new camera, I can get great shots like these!




Fun, Fun, Fun!!
All in all it was a great trip.
I think the group had a great time they loved the water weenie!!

1 comment:

  1. How fun!! And watch out - looks like the girls like Justin, eh?? ;D
    See y'all soon!!

    ReplyDelete